
Summer is finally here! Storms have been rolling through West Michigan for two days now. There was a spectacular lighting and cloud show. One of the best I can remember in my lifetime. Down pouring rain. Gun Lake got seven inches of rain just last night. Everyone is flooded inside their homes. Their yards are lakes. Our boat was floating with the neighbors boat with dock pieces attached, the waves had broken them apart. We had to jump in walk them to another boat slip and re-secure them before the next round of storms tonight. Many tornado watches and warnings. Hopefully people will dry out their carpet before getting hit again. If we do flood to bad, at least we have a boat. The lake is so high it is level with the docks, we a literally walking on water. One more inch and we will be under water walkers.
Our first graduation for grand kids. Yea Austin !! Stacey, carol and I went to the school program it was so nice. I basically cried from the moment he walked in and waved to me. I couldn't help it. They played songs about being little and growing up. They wrote poems, and said goodbye to classmates , teachers and friends. They even showed a video with baby pictures. I had to cry. I couldn't help but remembering his first day of school there. Taking him to kindergarten. His first bus ride to school. Following the bus watching him through the windows. Parking in the bus garage next door, watching him get off the bus and go to his door. Going back later to the bus garage to watch that he get on the right bus number to come home, and then to beat the bus back so he wont know I left. I feel bad that he wont be at the same school anymore to watch over Alex and Gabie. He has always been this gentle giant, welcoming each one as they start school, showing them the ropes, looking out for them without ever saying anything. Now he will have a couple years in his new school to enjoy himself and Alex will step into the role of big brother, he has already, the last day of school Gabie fell down the hill cutting both knees, she cried out "Alex" he ran to her, scooped he up and carried her to the bus stopping to get wet napkins for her knees until they got home. He has assumed his role already. I just cant believe Austin will be twelve years old in a couple months, the little guy who loved puzzle place, fell asleep every day to Harvest Moon and walked for the first time on my birthday. He is such a joy I could not be more proud of him and look forward to our next adventure, however, I am not sure where I can hide out yet. Will continue later, Love Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment